Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Here's what it looked last night when it was snowing.

Barb reminded me that I used to have a MarkieCam webcam set up so folks could see the mountains (or clouds) out the window to the west. Unfortunately, the tops of some new condos blocked the view, so (I guess in mourning) I took the cam down. I'd have to find a new place for it (maybe toward the studio space, until it reaches that looks-like-it-was-just-bombed stage three weeks into the quarter). But on a day like today just pointing toward the sky might be enough. Weather this time of year ranges from warm and damp to cold and damp to cold and dry to sunny and dry to...you get the picture. If you don't like the weather, wait a half hour. A little secret is that the weather is actually pretty neat in its changeability (though it helps to have layers of clothing and a warm place to sleep), not just depressing/gray/wet. On the flip side, a factoid that brought me up short: between sunrise and sunset today, Dec 30th (about a week after the solstice), we have eight and a half hours of daylight. THAT'S why I love people who leave Christmas lights up until spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home