Saturday, January 17, 2004

I guess I should hand it to myself. Last night and today I was ripping my hair out over not getting JBuilder to recognize the Java class files we're supposed to be using for our assignments. Began to get that old oh-shit scared feeling. Something or other kicked my butt out the door to go to the gym (well, Barb encouraged me!), and though I didn't immediately chill out I did decide to go buy some books to see if they provided any enlightenment--then came home and worked on just the programming part, actually writing out design notes and li'l algorithms. So though I'm still the world's worst procrastination addict (that's got to be the worst, worse than food) I give myself props for dealing with an inevitable feeling of frustration by recognizing it was turning into self-doubt/depression and doing something about it. Score one for conscious living. (Somewhere, Patricia Smith is smiling.)

Oh, and Barb may consider a swap for a Les Paul Goldtop Tom Cope is selling (insert several dozen ! marks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home