Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (dir. Garth Jennings) I know I'm going to have Homeboy Adams' peeps....ah, never mind. This book is firmly lodged in the Nerd Canon as well as the Americans Who Love British Humor canon, and though I've never made it more than 20 pages past any of Doug Adams' books, I did hear him speak twice in the space of a couple of months and definitely heard the same whimsy and kindness I got from his writing. So I'm not the most reliable reviewer for this movie. But I'll tell you, I laughed my ass off. Jim Henson's people do amazing work, Mos Def is a deft straight man (or straght alien), and Zooey Deschanel's all-around adorable funniness is terrifically right for the love-interest character. So if you have no expectations based on the book, go. Mark's review: ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home