Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Listening: T-Bone Walker, The Complete Imperial Recordings, 1950-1954; V/A, The Mercury Blues 'n' Rhythm Story, 1945-1955: Southwestern Blues


Back in the real world, this time with snow again. We spent part of Sunday with Mike and Sheri and Rachelle. Mike is back in the garage putting down beautiful tracks, Sheri still dreaming of escape from big, too-expensive house and their jobs that they hate at the hospital in Monroe. As part of my new "focus" regime (note that I'm doing homework and not procrastinating by writing blog posts), I intend to make sure I keep in as close musical touch this quarter as the workload allows. Then off to Scott's to see the end of the bowl season...neither LSU nor OK looked a whole lot like #1s to me. Ah, well. It is a new year, with a new regime, and last night I started class and was happy to see Kevin and Tina and even brainiacs Adam and Jack in the classroom with me. Familiar faces, yeah. I doubt it'll be as relaxed as I feel, but one good night's sleep on top of one sweet, sweet day with my beloved really puts me in that place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home