Monday, January 19, 2004

Most of my traditions are ones that I've made up for myself (sometimes in tandem with Barb or others): Bad Movie Night, a ham for Christmas, Stupor Bowl and New Year's Day bowl games with Scott, election returns with Scott...so today was MLK Day, which several years ago we celebrated by going for a nice walk around the top of Queen Anne Hill and in subsequent years have instead navigated Lincoln Park in West Seattle, Woodland Park to our north. Today we walked down the west side of Lake Union along a beautifully wooded trail that ended up in a bunch of parking lots for marinas, houseboat communities, and boat-related businesses. We've also had beautiful weather every year we've done this, and today we got sunshine with a bunch of clouds that made for a perfect sunset. I never take for granted what a beautiful city I live in (esp. when the light from the setting sun reflects out of west-facing windows ll over Capitol Hill--and when I look at the Aurora Bridge from many different angles and notices how perfectly it frames all of them), and days like this I'm reminded of that. We ended up enjoying teriyaki at Snow Monkey, then going home to watch the Iowa caucus returns. Kerrey, Edwards, I don't care--long as we're motivated to return Stupid to his miserably unsuccessful business career, I'm good to go!!! (And we did "Emery" for the first time among my new tunes, Scott is encouraging, okay then.)

Listening: Soul 24-7 Radio (Internet). I think this is what KCRW aims to be a lot of the time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home