Thursday, October 20, 2005

Duh Headlines 1

Damn right rich people look at poverty differently from poor people. That's like saying veterans think about warfare differently from civilians. In most areas of life, people's opinions are valued in direct proportion to their experience with the subject. I wouldn't go to a plumber for advice on a medical condition or to an auto mechanic for help with a legal problem. So I wonder why people who've more than likely inherited or otherwise lucked into large sums of money (and yes, I count myself among those) feel qualified to comment on people and conditions they know only from the prejudices of their fellow class members?

Oh, wait--I forgot about the American national religion. That's spelled with a capital "$".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home